"When understood, the Buddha’s universe..is anything but alien and inhibiting. It is a world full of hope, where everything we need to do can be done and everything that matters is within human reach. It is a world where kindness, unselfishness, non-violence, and compassion achieve what self-interest and arrogance cannot. It is a world where any human can be happy in goodness and the fullness of giving." ❦ Eknath Easwara

September 14, 2011

If You Look for Truth Outside Yourself

If you look for the truth outside yourself,
it gets farther and farther away.

Today, walking alone,
I meet him everywhere I step.

He is the same as me,
yet I am not him.

Only if you understand it in this way
will you merge with the way things are.

~ Zen Master Tung-Shan
For more in-depth dharma articles and instruction, visit:  METTA REFUGE
♡♡♡

2 comments:

  1. Walking mediation is good because after awhile you are really in your head and the breath is easy. You go places you've never been and he is walking with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I love walking meditation and do it regularly. Sometimes I just can't sit, so I walk and work with the breath. It's a great and deep practice.

      With warm metta,
      Steve

      Delete