"When understood, the Buddha’s universe..is anything but alien and inhibiting. It is a world full of hope, where everything we need to do can be done and everything that matters is within human reach. It is a world where kindness, unselfishness, non-violence, and compassion achieve what self-interest and arrogance cannot. It is a world where any human can be happy in goodness and the fullness of giving." ❦ Eknath Easwara

January 24, 2012

Thich Nhat Hanh Poem - Going in Circles

Going in Circles
by Thich Nhat Hanh

O you who are going in circles,
please stop.
What are you doing it for?

"I cannot be without going,
because I don't know where to go.
That's why I go in circles."

O You who are going in circles,
please stop.

"But if I stop going,
I will stop being."

O my friend who is going in circles,
you are not one with
this crazy business of going in circles.
You may enjoy going,
but not going in circles.

"Where can I go?"

Go where you find your beloved,
where you can find yourself.

from:
Call Me By My True Names - The Collected Poems of Thich Nhat Hanh
For more in-depth dharma articles and instruction, visit:  METTA REFUGE
♡♡♡

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment